January 20, 2017

Friday Feelings (Not an inauguration post!)

PRECIOUS AND PRINCETON
Love this pic.  It shows Precious looking scornfully down on Princeton.
It purrfectly represents their relationship.

Now on to other things.

After a discussion on our Cats With Blogs facebook page, I have decided to
have human updates, too.
I realized that I am very interested in not only our furriend's furbabies, but their humans, too.
Many of you agreed with me.
So here goes:

As many of you know I had surgery last year.  We won't go in to it.
Let's just say it was on my posterior.
The surgery took literally 45 minutes.
The healing time was around 45 weeks.
It was very humbling. (and painful)
During that time, my beloved Stepdaddy fell and broke a hip and needed a complete replacement.
There were many complications that necessitated a 3 week hospital stay.
(Busted incision, pneumonia)
He was released with barely any mobility and us as his primary caregivers.
The day after his release, Mom woke with frozen shoulder - she is already handicapped from previous accident.

Stepdaddy then got C Diff. (google it - it's terrible)
By this time it was the holidays.
The C Diff was awful and the cure is worse.
We nearly lost him.
Slowly getting him back on his walker and on his feet.

Cue the spouse.
He is sick, y'all.
Real sick.
He's had enlarged lymph nodes for 12 weeks.
Blood tests revealed non active tick fever and MRSA,
but something else they can't pin down.
We see an oncologist next Wednesday.

We just can't catch a break and truthfully, many times I fall asleep when I sit down.
We did get me a new Iphone so that I could keep up on facebook more often.
I enjoy keeping up and eventually I want to post on my blog more often.

Just wanted ya'll to know what was going on here in our little corner of Oklahoma.

Thank ya'll for caring, purring, purraying, and letting me rattle on.
Gotta go, my services are needed.

XOXOXO



21 comments:

  1. Hehehe - that photo is awesome. I rest my case about girlcats.

    And it is So Very Very Good to have news - even if it it human news. So sorry it has all been medically disabling, debilitating and generally stinky. Those nasty superbugs are VILE and we hope they vacate asap. Paws crossed for a full recovery so you can serve the kitties to the best of your abilities. Purrs from Finland(N).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you poor thing! Sending purrs of comfort to you, praying things ease up and sending positive energy for the appointment next week. (((hugs))) catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly had your hands/life full. Glad you posted. Your blogging friends do care! Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you and your loved ones are having such a difficult time. I will be praying for your husband and the rest of your family. Cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a lot going on in your family! I hope everybody continues to be on the mend, and that it all happens sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot to handle! We send lots of purrs...and the mom sends hugs...that everyone continues to heal and things get better. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. guys....way two much goin on for yur mom N dad... N we iz troo lee sorree....we send purrayerz everee thing will bee oh kay...extree onez for dad...yur mom iz exhausted...for sure ~~~~~~ sendin hugz N loves frum uz all ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very sweet photo. And thank you for the human update - you have had way too much to deal with. We hold you and all of your family in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for some good healing for all and for good news on the spouse. Many hugs and much love.

    The OP Pack Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending healing thoughts, I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for all of you ! Thanks for letting us know !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purring for all of you. Thanks for the update.

    Emma and Buster

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you each, human and furred, love...really and truly. Thank you for telling us. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for all of that, we are sending love and healing energy your way and hoping it all gets better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry to read this. This is a lot you're going through. I really hope stepdaddy will start to feel a lot better. I'm sorry for your pain. I also really hope your husband's illness isn't too serious and that he'll also mend. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is entirely too much! We are so sorry to hear this. WE just thought you had cut back on blogging. We didn't realize all the things going on. We too have had a lot on our plates. That is why we have mostly a photo blog now. It does me good to post and I hope one day in the not too distant future I can get back to normal. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My Goodness! Mes was wondering...Now me will add yous too my purrayers! And wes sends yous loads of strength!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the news ! That's a lot in a short time ! We send you tons of purrs and positive energy, and hope things go better soon. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Precious sure knows her am boss... MOL. Thank you for the updates. We are praying for you and your family. We are up in Kansas, not too far away. - Katie Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tonya, I know like us you are happy to have 2016 behind you. I have had C. diff and know how awful it is, especially for older folks, who can get dehydrated very quickly. You are always in my prayers, and I will add your hubby. Will pray extra hard that oncologist doesn't find any cancer. Please take care. I appreciate that you have continued to join Sunday Selfies through all of this. Sending love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's just way too much for one family to handle! We are keeping all of you in our purrs and prayers that everyone feels better and stays strong for each other. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are so sorry to hear this! What a time you all have been through. We hope things start turning for the better very very soon. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete